Finding good quality photos for your blog is not always easy. I have heard some nasty stories from other bloggers who used photos that they had gotten off of sites (like google etc.), in other words they were using illegal photos and have been sued for copyright infringement by the owner of the photo. Some ended up paying as much as 750.00 for 1 photo.
There are so many sites out there to choose from. During my research into this post I went through about 60 different sites, some were easy to use and had great content while some were just a waste of time. I ended up using a ranking system for them to get my top 10 sites.
1. How easy they were to navigate
2. Quality of pictures
3. Quantity of pictures
All of the sites that I have listed here all have a (CCO) Creative Commons Zero Licence which means that you can use the photos for free as long as you are using them legally. I would ensure to check the licensing for each site that you take photos from before you use them on your site.
I could have listed all the sites that I went through, but figured I’d save you time searching and send you to the ones that I thought were the best quality.
1. Pixabay: This site was my go to site for photos for my blog, though now that I’ve done the research for this post I will be using some of the other ones now.
2. Burst: Great high resolution photos.
3. I'd Pin That: Huge assortment of photos and the site is easy to navigate.
4. Pexels: Another one of my go to sites, not a huge assortment of pictures but easy to navigate.
5. ISO Republic: Lots of great pictures and easy to navigate.
6. Unsplash: Lots of pictures but you really have to search for what you are looking for.
7. PicJumbo: Some really good photos, but not a huge selection.
8. Good Free Photos: If you blog about Travel then this is the site for you. Lots of great photos that are categorized by country.
9. FoodiesFeed: This site is all about food, so if you are a food blogger then you will want to check this site out.
10. Stock Snap: Good quality photos with a decent selection.
When I go to design my pins or posts for my newest blog post then I use a couple of free design sites to get them ready.
1. Canva: This site also has some free photos but they are limited. Takes a bit of time to design your pin or post but the quality is superb.
2. Quotes Cover: A really simple, easy to use site, you just pick the saying that you want to put in, pick your dimension and add your picture. I can usually make up a pin in about a third of the time that it takes on Canva. So, when I’m in a rush I use this site, but the quality isn’t nearly as good.
I hope you are able to use this post to find some great quality pictures that you can use in your blog posts.
Follow us on:
We are always looking for guest writers. If you have a story about minimalism or travel that you would like to get out there then please feel free to contact us.
Join our mailing list to know when our next post comes out.
If you are looking for our newest health related articles we have moved them over to a new site. You can follow us there through these links.
Join us for our journeys into minimalism, health and diet as well as our travel series.
Disclosure: This site contains affiliate links, meaning that at no cost to you, I will earn commission if you click through and make a purchase.