Please take our poll near the end of the post
This week we will give you some great resources that every minimalist can use to find new ideas and story's to help them on their minimalist journey. I feel that people should get as much knowledge as possible and find what works for yourself ("Be Your Own Type Of Minimalist")We will break it down into three sections, Web Pages, FaceBook Groups and FaceBook Pages. We won't go into detail on each one, we will just give you the site and a small intro to each site. Best if you check them out yourselves.
1.The Minimalists - http://www.theminimalists.com
Joshua Fields Milburn and Ryan Nicodemus known throughout the minimalist world, brought the minimalist lifestyle to the masses with their documentary Minimalism: A Documentary About The Important Things.
2.Be More With Less - http://www.bemorewithless.com
Courtney Carver's site is a great place to get ideas about minimalism, especially Project 333 which I have personally done.
3. Becoming Minimalist - http://www.becomingminimalist.com
Joshua Becker writes inspiring posts on how to pursue your greatest passions by owning fewer possessions.
4. Zen Habits - https://zenhabits.net
Leo Babauta - In his own words "Zen Habits is about finding simplicity and mindfulness in the daily chaos of our lives. It’s about clearing the clutter so we can focus on what’s important, create something amazing, find happiness."
5. The Minimalist Mom - http://www.theminimalistmom.com
Rachel Jonat documents her families journey to a minimalist lifestyle. Check out her site if you haven't already.
Here are four great FaceBook Groups where you can ask and comment on many different aspects of minimalism.
1. The Minimalist Life - https://www.facebook.com/groups/theminimalistlife/
2.More Memories - Less Merchandise... -https://www.facebook.com/groups/1415830115116448/
3. Minimalism + Money - https://www.facebook.com/groups/1770148016561427/
4. Minimalism Starting Point - https://www.facebook.com/groups/192987214506727/
There are plenty of great FaceBook Pages out there, but of course I have to place the FaceBook page that goes with this blog at the top of the list. If you haven't had a chance to see it then nows your chance. Plenty of great information on there and threads to other great sites. Even join my personal page if you'd like. Also check out the other great pages listed below.
1. Minimalism: There Are So Many Levels - https://www.facebook.com/minimalist101/
2. Simple Living and Minimalism - https://www.facebook.com/simplelivingandminimalism/
3. Working Towards the Dream - https://www.facebook.com/allaboutthedream/
4. Minimalism Digest - https://www.facebook.com/MinimalismDigest/
5. Minimizing Dad - https://www.facebook.com/minimizingdad/
6. Discover Minimalism - https://www.facebook.com/DiscoverMinimalism/
There are so many other resources out there, my apologies to anyone that I left out. If you know of other great resources please let me know in the comments section, I will check them out and add them to this post. Today we will do another poll to see which minimalist most inspires you. For myself it's Ryan Nicodemus.
You can also check out our last poll that is still going on. What Type Of Minimalist Am I ? You can do that poll at http://www.levelsofminimalism.com/blog/minimalism-what-type-of-minimalist-am-i For our next post we will have a guest writer, Brian from Minimizing Dad has been gracious enough to write for us. If you missed last weeks guest writer then you missed a great story from Jeremy about living and travelling with only what he can carry in his backpack. Check it out at http://www.levelsofminimalism.com/blog/mininimalism-the-reality-of-living-out-of-a-backpack.
We have chosen the three winners for our book giveaway, we will be contacting you in the next couple of days.
Join me on my journey into minimalism